Baby rooms have almost always been blue for boys and pink for girls, but these standard colors are pretty boring, not to mention outdated and overdone. How can you make your baby’s room unique? After all, if you’re preparing a room for your little one, you want it to be both stylish and functional. These tips, like adding window treatments to the replacement windows in your Huntington Beach, CA home, can help inspire you to make a unique baby room:
- Keep it Minimal – A neutral, minimalistic room design is not only clean and modern, but it also makes it easy for you to keep updating the room as your child grows. Plus, off-white, grey or cream walls are the perfect backdrop for fun pops of color and interest like art, rugs, window shutters, and other accessories.
- Add Layers of Neutral Tones – Just because you choose minimal or neutral colors doesn’t mean the room will be boring. The best way to keep these colors interesting is to layer them with one another. Add some cream here, a bit of brown there, and throw in greys, beiges and taupe in other places for a cozy effect. Don’t forget to play with texture, too. Woven baskets, thick rugs, smooth prints, and different fabrics all add depth.
- Make it Interactive – A nursery isn’t just for sleeping and changing diapers. It also needs to be a place where the baby can learn, discover and play. Lean into this by making the room interactive. Add moveable games to the walls, put up a large map mural, or install a blackboard for drawings.
- Make it Shine with Natural Light – You need the window treatments on the replacement windows in your baby’s room to look good and work well. Window shutters and shades are an excellent choice as they help block out light and create privacy while also lasting well for years and years.
- Go Vintage – Do you have a previous family heirloom you can’t wait to share with your child? Let that item inspire the baby’s room! Plus, high-quality retro furniture and a retro color-scheme are always fun and refreshing.
- Be Primary – Primary colors are also perfect for baby’s rooms. Shades of red, yellow, blue and green are balanced well by softer, more neutral accents like window treatments, throw pillows and rugs.
- Choose an Accent – Don’t shy away from adding a large accent to the room. You can go with one accent color like yellow, green, red or purple, or even add an accent wall like a mural or large wallpaper installation.
- Get Inspired by Nature – Using natural materials and fabrics will make a room look clean and welcoming. They will also be more visually stimulating for the baby.
- Be Creative with Patterns – Another fun way to add interest to the room is with patterns. You can select patterns which don’t lean too far either way in terms of gender, like stripes, polka dots, stars, or even plaid, but still add some interest and playfulness to your gender-neutral baby room. Patterns can be added primarily in soft furnishings, such as rugs and curtains, but could also appear on an armchair or sofa, or even wallpaper.
Can-Do Windows & Doors is here to help if you want more design tips or Huntington Beach, CA replacement window ideas. Stop by and visit us or give us a call today to learn more about what we can do for you.