After the holidays, it’s tempting to crawl under a warm blanket and stay there till spring. Winter can get dreary and really take a toll on your mental and physical health. What can you do? Here are simple ways you can tweak your home, like investing in replacement windows in Huntington Beach, CA, to encourage healthy habits and boost your winter wellness.
- Do Fireplace and HVAC Maintenance – To stay happy in the winter, you need to stay warm. Therefore, you need to make sure your fireplace and your heating system are in top shape. Clean your chimney at least once per year to clear away fire-causing creosote buildup and bring in a technician to do a checkup on your HVAC. As a bonus, the better your HVAC works, the more money you’ll save on energy spending.
- Refresh Your Bedroom – You can’t be healthy unless you get good sleep. A great way to boost your sleep is to refresh your bedroom. Give it a thorough cleaning, add in fresh throw pillows or blankets, and make sure your window treatments are functioning well enough to block light when you’re trying to sleep.
- Get Replacement Windows – Natural light is essential for health. If it’s too cold to spend time outside in the sun, boost the natural light in your house by investing in new windows. You can also revamp your window treatments to get more control over your light and privacy, or add extra lamps or mirrors to your home to help light your home in the evenings.
- Make Space to Move – If you can’t go outside for exercise, make space to move inside. Set up a home gym area with a yoga mat, free weights, and anything else you need to inspire you go get your sweat on.
- Soak In the Tub – Nothing feels better on a cold day than a hot bath. Warm baths can actually improve your mental and emotional health as well as relieve minor aches and pains.
- Upgrade Your Air Quality – Keeping your heater on full blast is good for your cold toes, it’s not the best for the air quality inside your home. If your home is dry, use a humidifier to put moisture back in the air. If the air is musty, use an air purifier to freshen it.
- Stock Your Kitchen With Whole Foods – While comfort foods are comforting when it’s cold out, its best to have plenty of fruits, vegetables, lean meats, and whole grains on hand. When you eat well, you feel well! A healthy diet is important year-round, but especially in the winter season when colds are being passed around.
- Cozy Up Your Space – A cozy home is a must in the winter months. Make your home fee like a fluffy den by getting some extra blankets, throw pillows, and other soft textiles. Don’t forget to open your window treatments for some refreshing, warm natural light.
Winter can be tough on health, but it doesn’t have to be. For more home tips or information on Huntington Beach, CA replacement windows, call or visit us today.