Installing replacement windows on your Huntington Beach, CA home can go a long way towards making it more valuable, fashionable and energy efficient. But did you know that your replacement windows are incredibly important for your home’s security? It’s true! Replacement windows can go a long way toward making your home secure and safe.
Beyond their included features of sturdiness and other benefits, you can make your new replacement windows even safer with a few adjustments and extra features. Consider additions such as:
- Tempered Glass – Tempered glass is made with special thermal and chemical treatments to make it almost double as strong as regular glass. Should it break, tempered class with break into small granular shards rather than dangerous, jagged pieces.
- Window bars – Consider adding window bars for added protection. Go with a model that can be released from the inside in case of emergency.
- Laminated Glass – Laminated glass is similar to tempered glass in that it holds together when broken, but it also provides extra noise control so you get less noise pollution from outside in your home. Laminated glass is ideal for windows in bedrooms.
- Extra Locks – The average window or door comes with a basic lock, but you can increase your window security by investing in an extra lock. Add a locking pin to hung windows, and a bolt to casement windows. Try to buy all the locks from the same manufacturer to make getting replacements and parts easier.
Older, less modern window are oftentimes unsecure, allowing burglars or other people with bad intentions access to your home. How can you tell if your old windows might be potential targets? Look for these signs:
- Your entrances are older, making them vulnerable. If your old windows or doors don’t close properly or are loose, they are a big risk to your home.
- If they have damage or other signs of problems, like cracks or breaks in the glass, rust, or rot, they are calling out for invaders to get in without any trouble.
- Can people outside on the street easily see into your home from your windows? If people on the street can, so can potential burglars.
Don’t worry if your old windows have any of these issues, because a window replacement can easily fix all these problems and more. Security risks are scary, but it’s much better to plan for a potential threat than try and take action after your home’s been burglarized or threatened. Make your replacement windows even safer for your home by these easy add-ons and security features.
Put your home’s security and family’s safety first by installing brand new Huntington Beach, CA replacement windows for you, your home, and your security. If you want to learn more, please stop by and visit Can-Do Windows & Doors at 151 Kalmus Dr Ste J2 Costa Mesa, CA 92626. You can also give us a call at (714) 752-3407 for more information on what we can do for you and your windows.